Cream cookies are my favorite kind of cookies. They are light, crumbly and smell super nice. What’s more, they are perfect with milk, tea or alone and can be topped with a large variety of things, such as chocolate and cream.
In addiction, they are super fast and easy to make.
- 250 gr pastry ( all purpose ) flour
- 50 gr potato starch
- 100 gr sugar
- 80 gr butter
- 100 ml cream
- 1 egg
- 8 gr baking powder
In a big bowl sift together dry ingredients and mix them.
Add wet ingredients into the mixture and blend them together, until the dough is completely formed.
Let cool in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes.
Sprinkle your working surface with flour and stretch the dough using a rolling pin. Your dough shoul now be 0.5 cm thick. Using a dough cutter create your biscuits and place them on a baking tray.
Cook in preheated conventional oven at 180 °C for 10-15 minutes.
- The best thing about these cookies is that you can easily bake them with expire cream ( not 2 months after expiration date, but maybe some days ). As a matter of fact, the heat of the oven will kill all the bacteria in the cream. Obviously, you can use any expired creams as long as it has always been refrigerated before use and doesn’t have any mold.
- You can add chocolate chips or chocolate powder to the dough to have tastier cookies.
- You can top cookies with chocolate, cream or any kind of topping you like.
- Play attention not to over cook them, since their first quality is that they are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.